On April 6, 2022, from 5-8pm, Rock Solid Title PLLC and Barash-Schatten Law Firm, P.A. attended their first business expo on April 6, 2022. There were many attendees at the expo. which was hosted at the DCOTA Design Center of the Americas, 1855 Griffin Road Dania Beach, FL 33004.
Several questions were asked of us, such as:
- What are some of the issues with purchasing property in an economic opportunity zone?
- Can a 1031 exchange occur on residential property or just commercial property? What makes a 1031 exchange beneficial?
- What are the differences between a survivorship deed and placing property into a revocable trust?
- When do property taxes adjust when property is transferred from the trust to the beneficiary named in the revocable trust?
- What are the steps that are taken in a residential closing?
We really enjoyed meeting the attendees and speaking with them on several legal topics such as the ones mentioned above.